SaunaGids forum index
Alles over de sauna

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistreerRegistreer  ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privé berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privé berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 
SaunaGids forum index Naar SaunaGids Website SaunaGids forum index

Sauna "atmosphere"

Dit forum is gesloten. Het plaatsen of bewerken van berichten of onderwerpen is niet mogelijk   Dit onderwerp is gesloten. Het plaatsen of bewerken van berichten is niet mogelijk    SaunaGids forum index -> Foreign Sauna-Fans in English.
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
palestrina
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 30, 2008 3:16 am    Onderwerp: Sauna "atmosphere" Reageer met quote

I've been reading reports of a few saunas lately. Most have been fine with no bad behaviour, but a couple of them have had rude behaviour like staring and following people around.

In your opinion, for the saunas with bad behaviour, is this likely to be the result of carelessness on the part of the operators, not policing well enough over a period of time for example, which might encourage starers to come, or is it more likely that the report writers were unlucky and came on the same day as the starers/followers?

In other words, can a concerted effort over time on the behalf of the sauna proprietors create a safe and friendly atmosphere, or is it more a matter of luck that no sleazy people come on a certain day? Or a bit of both? I haven't been able to go to any "real" saunas multiple times Sad
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht
kevin8
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 31, 2008 10:39 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Well, i think it's a bit of both and also depending on which sauna(resort) you visit.
Ithink that in some more commercial and bigger saunaresorts like "De Zwaluwhoeve" you have more chance that you will see "starers/followers".
Normally, a proper saunaresort doesn't want such people, but sometimes they have not enough personell to control that enough. But if a saunaresort is good organised, you should be able to make some complaints about those people to the personell. (hope the sentence is good english)
It may also be a result of the advertising strategy by the saunaresort. If i.e. a saunaresort is advertising in magazines like FHM, Playboy, Panorama etc., there is more chance that you will see some starers/followers. Also the participation in some typically men-tv shows could generate this.
The best saunaresorts will have enough personell to monitor about starers/followers besides their other work and they can create an atmosphere were those starers/followers doesn't feel comfortable. Wink
Naar boven
palestrina
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Jan 06, 2009 1:55 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Ha ha, while in my time I've read some very interesting articles in FHM and Playboy, a portion of the readership would be buying them to look at naked women Smile Interesting. As always it comes down to staffing levels.

Quote:
But if a saunaresort is good organised, you should be able to make some complaints about those people to the personell. (hope the sentence is good english)

Your English is excellent. I would write:
But if a sauna resort is well organised, you should be able to complain about these people to the personnel.

Apart from good & well, changes are just stylistic and cosmetic. Cheers!
Naar boven
Pita
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Jan 09, 2009 11:28 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Speaking of "atmosphere", I was at a thermen just last night and walked in on a couple having seks in the steam room. Because of the steam it was hard to see everything clearly, but it was clear from the sounds what they were doing. I was alarmed and shocked and I quickly turned around and walked out. I should have told the management right away, but I was a little flustered so I waited until I was leaving to tell the woman at the desk. Without having to describe the couple to her she seemed to know whom I was talking about. There were not a lot of guests there so it was easy for her to figure it out. I don't know what, if anything the management can do about it after the fact.

I have visited a many saunas and have never seen any behaviour remotely close to that. Has anyone else? I also wonder how the management deals with guests who are more intimate then they should be?

I know most go to the thermen to relax and unwind, but that was a little more then I cared to experience during my visit!

Pita
Naar boven
Drummer
Los entree

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mrt 02, 2009 1:00 pm    Onderwerp: Relaxed Reageer met quote

Hey folks

I like the idea of saunas with a bit more of a "relaxed atmosphere" However, I do not agree with people going to regular saunas and making other patrons uneasy. I hope that people appreciate my honesty and discretion. Similarly, if anyone knows of saunas that are more relaxed, where people enjoy seeing others, Id appreciate some info.

Oh, and Kevin8, your English is fine. A little off-beat, that is to say that it is not exactly how a native would say it, but perfectly understandable. It bugs me when someone attempts to speak another language, and a native speaker does not try to comprehend the speakers sentences althought they might be phrased alternatively.

Alle het beste !
Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Dit forum is gesloten. Het plaatsen of bewerken van berichten of onderwerpen is niet mogelijk   Dit onderwerp is gesloten. Het plaatsen of bewerken van berichten is niet mogelijk    SaunaGids forum index -> Foreign Sauna-Fans in English. Tijden zijn in GMT
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: