SaunaGids forum index
Alles over de sauna

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistreerRegistreer  ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privé berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privé berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 
SaunaGids forum index Naar SaunaGids Website SaunaGids forum index

Favorite Spa Amenities
Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats reactie    SaunaGids forum index -> Foreign Sauna-Fans in English.
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Pita
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jul 23, 2008 10:33 am    Onderwerp: Favorite Spa Amenities Reageer met quote

A question to jump-start the English side this summer...

What amenties do you like (or dislike) in a spa?

By amenities I mean the extra "novelty" facilities beyond the traditional dry sauna, steam room, pool, etc. Things like the salt baths, ice grottos, cinema saunas and so on.

Personally, I really enjoy the salt bath at Elysium, the cold walk-through plunge at Vitilzee, and the kruidentempel at Thermen Barendracht, among others.

Anyone else?

Pita
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht
oeroek
50 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jul 23, 2008 4:51 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Many spa's have their own specialities and I love many of them in their own way. But what I really like on most spa's is the Loyly. It is a universal ritual that is done in many places but can also be customized to fit the atmosphere of the individual spa.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage
Pita
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jul 24, 2008 7:55 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

I certainly agree with you about the lolyl sessions. They're one of my favorite features as well. I've come to understand that different saunas have different techniques for the session. Some, in my opionion are good, others not so good.

What does it take to be a Saunameister? Is there training involved, or is it just someone from the staff who is assigned to do it for the sauna. I'm curious because I've see some who take a lot of care in the process, and others who seem to just be going through the motions without really paying attention to the comfort and enjoyment of the guests.

Pita
Naar boven
Pingu
50 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Aug 20, 2008 3:24 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Pita schreef:
I certainly agree with you about the lolyl sessions. They're one of my favorite features as well. I've come to understand that different saunas have different techniques for the session. Some, in my opionion are good, others not so good.

What does it take to be a Saunameister? Is there training involved, or is it just someone from the staff who is assigned to do it for the sauna. I'm curious because I've see some who take a lot of care in the process, and others who seem to just be going through the motions without really paying attention to the comfort and enjoyment of the guests.

Pita

At Elysium it's just one of staff members. Some are better than others. The last time about 3 weeks ago I enjoyed the best honey and salt session so far, because this guy was really paying attention at what he was doing. Sometimes you just get blown away by hot air and your body can't decide whether it's hot or cold.
Do you want to become a Saunameister??
Pita
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Aug 25, 2008 10:32 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

I think there is a certain element of care that is important in the sessions as well. I've actually walked out of a couple of sessions because the leader was not paying attention to the heat (too hot, too fast), or too busy chatting with one or two guests to be bothered to give a good loyly session.

I gave myself a meritorious afternoon off from work last week and visited Thermen Holiday (wasn't my first choice, but Elysium was FULL - at 1300 on a Friday!). I did the Aloe Loyly at TH and while I thought the aloe itself was somewhat of a gimmick, the sessions itself was very good. It was very long (about 35 minutes), but the woman leading the session did a great job of circulating the hot air throughout a very large cabin. It was quite full, too. Over 50 people in that session.

And I also like the initial blast of hot air when your thinks it's cold rather than hot. Great!

I've no interest in leading lolyl sessions. Seems like too much work, but not being a native speaker I am interested in what techniques they are taught, if any, or if they just do what they think is right at the time.

Speaking of Lolyl saunas, I went to Bussloo last winter and sat in their automated lolyl sauna. It is a fan that deploys from the cieling and sperads hot, steamed air around the room. I was very disippointed and I'm rather surprised they would build something like that considering how nice the rest of their complex is.
Naar boven
kevin8
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Aug 26, 2008 2:25 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Pita schreef:
I think there is a certain element of care that is important in the sessions as well. I've actually walked out of a couple of sessions because the leader was not paying attention to the heat (too hot, too fast), or too busy chatting with one or two guests to be bothered to give a good loyly session.

I gave myself a meritorious afternoon off from work last week and visited Thermen Holiday (wasn't my first choice, but Elysium was FULL - at 1300 on a Friday!). I did the Aloe Loyly at TH and while I thought the aloe itself was somewhat of a gimmick, the sessions itself was very good. It was very long (about 35 minutes), but the woman leading the session did a great job of circulating the hot air throughout a very large cabin. It was quite full, too. Over 50 people in that session.

And I also like the initial blast of hot air when your thinks it's cold rather than hot. Great!......................

May be the well known "Blondy" here on this board, real name "Marion" did that session, she is one of the best, especially with her power to circulate the hot air throughout the cabin using a towel. In Dutch we call that "wapperen". If you anounce to her this forum/board and your forummembership you mostly get an extra shot of hot air from her. (in Dutch a "wapper")
Sometimes you see, mostly smaller/taller/younger, people (mainly girls) doing a Loyly, but when it comes to circulate the hot air throughout te cabin they missed the power. Wink
Naar boven
palestrina
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Sep 08, 2008 2:46 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Is Loyly similar to Aufguss? Or is it a special kind of Aufguss? Thanks!
Naar boven
oeroek
50 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Sep 09, 2008 1:41 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

To my knowledge there is nog difference whatsoever between loyly and aufguss.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage
palestrina
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Sep 10, 2008 2:07 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Thank you. I have been to a few saunas in Germany, and it took me a while to work out what Aufguss was. Here's what I liked and didn't like:

Therme Erding: My favourite thing was the Calla Kaskaden. My wife got tired of me talking about it! The Geysirhhle sauna was a bit strange. We sat and sweated and watched a fake geyser.

Schwaben-Therme, Aulendorf: We had our first Aufguss, which was an ice Aufguss! Since then I have read on the website that it is "for experienced saunagoers only". It was great. We tried the whole Roman Bath ritual, which was nice but not exciting. The Roman Clay Ritual was funny. We covered our faces in white clay, then sat in the steam room with a whole lot of other naked people with white clay on their faces!

Bodensee Therme in Konstanz: This had experience showers. There were three buttons. The top one made a lovely mist. The bottom one started jets of warm water coming from the side. The middle button caused icy-cold water to come from the top. So it was both good and bad! We went to the Bodensee Therme only days after it opened, so they were trying out different things. We saw people escaping from a garlic Aufguss, which was quite funny.

We shall have to try to get to the Netherlands next time we are in Europe. Your spas look fantastic.
Naar boven
Pita
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

I had the pleasure of visiting the thermen at the Holthusen Bad in Hamburg, Germany, a few weeks ago. Their aufguss is is much diferent than the Dutch versions I've been in. It only lasts about 10 minutes, but it is very intense. It is very hot and they bring the heat up quite quickly.

Another interesting feature was they held it every hour on the hour, and every two hours they would have a 2nd aufguss session in an adjacent sauna cabin 15 minutes after the first one began, so if you wanted you could sit in the first session, take a couple minute break, then walk into the 2nd session. I did that a couple of times and was spent by the time the evening was finished! it was great!

Pita
Naar boven
palestrina
10 Badenkaart

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jan 14, 2009 3:59 am    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

I have (unfortunately!) only experienced German aufgusses, which are hot and short, as you say. So a typical Dutch Lyly is cooler and lasts longer... interesting.

Two aufgusses in a row sounds like fun, though personally Id feel better if there was an ambulance waiting outside for me Wink
Naar boven
vapoure
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Okt 01, 2018 5:32 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931
bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931
bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931bwk931
Naar boven
vapoure
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Okt 01, 2018 5:33 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
spicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.ru
layabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.ru
narrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ru
objectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ru
parkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.ru
rabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ru
regeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ru
scrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.ru
telangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.ru
jogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.ru
kickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.ru
lammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.ru
gatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.ru
geriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ru
handportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ru
harmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
Naar boven
vapoure
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Okt 01, 2018 5:35 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
Naar boven
vapoure
Master of Sauna

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Okt 06, 2018 2:44 pm    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

ututututututututututututututututututututututututut
utututututututututututututututututututututut
Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats reactie    SaunaGids forum index -> Foreign Sauna-Fans in English. Tijden zijn in GMT
Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende
Pagina 1 van 2

Ga naar: